1. tiggerprr
    tiggerprr Published |

You must be pretty tall! You don’t look at all like you need to do anything weight wise except maintain. But you’re absolutely right, the energy you get from stepping up your activity is exponential. I need to do that myself… Good luck with your new, new changes and I hope you’re able to get out of it what you’re hoping for. :)

2. Justin
    Justin Published |

Well, I’m 6’2. I guess that’s kind of tall. I was 215 pounds back in high school, and in the greatest shape of my life. So, that’s always what I call the ideal weight for me.

But, I actually plan to get down to around 200, then just work my way back up to 215-225 (added muscle mass, of course).

3. Lady G~
    Lady G~ Published |

I was watching the news this morning. Saw that a tornado hit Alabama. Did it come near Auburn?

I’m from Florida. We recently had some tornadoes in our area. God spared us, but all the areas around us were hit.

4. Justin
    Justin Published |

I haven’t checked all the reports of where the tornados hit, but I don’t think there was one in my county. Our tornado sirens never went off. But, it got pretty bad up here for a while. Our school has plenty of shelter areas for students to get to though.

5. Carmi
    Carmi Published |

I have an amazing amount of admiration for anyone with the guts to make this kind of fundamental change in his/her life. Congratulations for not only making the effort and succeeding, but for sharing it on your blog.

I followed your link home from Michele’s. I’m glad I did: you write wonderfully.

6. kenju
    kenju Published |

Justin, Michele sent me. If you get sore after exercising, sit in a hot tub or in your bath tub, with the hottest water you can stand, for about 20 minutes. The soreness goes away.

7. Justin
    Justin Published |

Thank you for the warm words Carmi. Yes, I did accomplish a lot last year. Since the last challenge though, I’ve gained back a good bit. However, I’ve planned to set myself straight again.

Kenju, that is a good idea. Believe me, I’ve used it plenty of times. But, I can’t keep taking hot baths all day. That soreness comes back after a little while. The best way to get rid of the soreness is to work out again. Of course, you must wait a few days, I recommend at least two, before working out again. Those hot baths don’t hurt though.