1. Lady G~
    Lady G~ Published |

WOW! How awesome that you got to witness a Korean wedding. Funny how men and women are so different. A man sees it as a, The Wedding War Cry. Where a woman might see it as a , The Wedding Proclamation. :o) They both mean the same thing, but men are ready to go fight for their beloved and women are ready to stand by and shout encouragement. Either way, marriage is something that should not be taken lightly. It’s a step in the right direction when you say you’ll be in it for the long haul. Commitment is the key.

2. Justin
    Justin Published |

It was a great experience. Lots of great food too. Marriage, to me, has started becoming more and more like a big joke or something. It was nice to see people who look like they might go all the way. You don’t have people in the back saying, “I wonder how long they’ll last, a year, maybe two.”

3. Wedding
    Wedding Published |

Hahaha! Why do men always bring things back to sports or war? I like your attitude though. marriage is a battle and you need to work together to hold your fort.

4. Justin
    Justin Published |

It wasn’t my intention to relate sports or war to marriage. It just happened to have that feel to it when the groom shouted.

I do think it’s something men can relate to though. When you step onto a battle or playing field, your whole heart is set on overcoming any obstacles. I think we should definitely bring this type of attitude into marriage.

5. Shannon Brown
    Shannon Brown Published |

That is an interesting tradition in the Korean wedding that I did not know. It must have been fun to attend a wedding that was not your typical ceremony.

6. Portland Wedding Photographer
    Portland Wedding Photographer Published |

That’s such a good point to bring up. I know what you mean about the goosebumps. I’ve photographed so many weddings now and I can’t remember once when they shouted it out…I know it’s not tradition here, but you’re more likely to see tears and apprehension at the last moment. Good observations.

Benjamin

7. Minneapolis Wedding Photographer

I’ve seen quite a few weddings in my day. It always surprises me how different each wedding is and after doing over 150 photo shoots, I’m always impressed by their lov. Working on weddings, you really get to know the people, their style and how different they are from each other.

8. Unibet
    Unibet Published |

Thanks for sharing your experience, i saw a maltese wedding last month and it was amazing. I’m not photograph but i’m in charge to take shots for the family.. You are right, you ‘ve got to understand them, know them to take picture like they exactly want. It’s a weding, juste one day, they want to immortalize it !

9. Celebrations Wedding Flowers
    Celebrations Wedding Flowers Published |

We are a small event florist in Napa Valley and have done several Korean weddings. It’s always very interesting to see how different cultures go about things.