1. Ruben B
    Ruben B Published |

Great. I think it it is not complete, but it was the right decision to change the theme. Good year!

2. Jon B
    Jon B Published |

Very clean theme Justin. Great job with mixxingbowl.com as well!

3. Anirudh
    Anirudh Published |

The theme looks great, It would look great fluid width though, as there aren’t any fixed width element, but the typography is great

4. pkj
    pkj Published |

The theme looks great; very clean and tidy.
    Any chance that it might be available for use ?

5. James
    James Published |

It’s nice and clean but I was liking your jQuery builds.

6. Dennis
    Dennis Published |

I think the new fresh theme looks better compared to the old darker one.

My general input would be the usage of more (background)colors to create a visual distinction in content. The header of a post for instance now looks the same as a header of your sidebar widgets.

7. Justin
    Justin Published |

Ruben B
    Thanks for the input. What do you think would help it be more complete?

Jon B
    Thanks. I like MixxingBowl’s cool header they’ve added.

Anirudh
    Thanks for the input. I’ve never been a big fan of fluid-width designs though. Maybe that’s because they’re so hard to get right. I’m actually releasing a fluid-width theme sometime soon though.

pkj
    If enough people tell me this theme’s not right for my site, then it might become a free theme release. :) Actually, if/when I change designs, I’m sure I’ll release it to the general public as I’m doing with my last design.

James
    I had to take a slight break from jQuery. I did try out the tabbed sidebar when I was building this theme, but it never felt right. There needs to be more distinction between the sidebar and content for it to come off better, which I still may do. Thanks for mentioning it. Plus, only around 1% of my user base doesn’t have JavaScript enabled, so it may be a good route to go.

Dennis
    I was actually thinking the same thing. I wanted something that felt more open, but this doesn’t give the distinction between the content and main sidebar. Thanks for the input. I’ll see what I can do about changing this around to create a more visually-pleasing experience for my users.

8. Dennis
    Dennis Published |

I see you have changed the sidebar. There is definitely a better dinstinction between content and sidebar. Are you happy with the change or does it still feel incomplete?

9. Justin Tadlock
    Justin Tadlock Published |

Dennis
    I’m definitely happy with the change in the sidebar. I think I have something I can continue building upon in the future. I might change the top navigation links or add a tabbed sidebar section.

Right now, I’ve got too many other projects to worry about than what my site looks like. I hope to continue to improve it though with little tweaks here and there.