1. Wp Wordpress » Blog Archive » WordPress updates and stuff of interest
  2. joshmv
    joshmv Published |

Hey Justin, thanks a lot for the update!

I’m going to be installing this on a new blog, so I’m excited to see it released. In the meantime, should I install WP 2.5 on my server, or just the current stable version?

I went to the wordpress site and didn’t see version 2.5 out right now as the stable version.

I do have some experience with WP, but it’s been a while, so I just want to install the best version for this new “Options” theme.

Thanks again!

3. Booto
    Booto Published |

I’ll try.thanks

4. Justin Tadlock
    Justin Tadlock Published |

joshmv
    Only install the latest stable version on your live site unless you’re looking for trouble. :)

If you’re running a local copy, feel free to try it out. I always update from the WordPress trunk every few days to see if I can catch problems early. The only major difference with using 2.5 is using the built-in Gravatar functionality. As mentioned, this is backwards-compatible anyway.

I do suggest using 2.5 when it’s released for the better widget panel. It’s much easier to play around with to me.

5. joshmv
    joshmv Published |

ahh, ok, thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot.

I really appreciate all of your hard work on the theme, I hope to contribute my experience with it once I get it put up.

6. Giacomo
    Giacomo Published |

Keep up the good work Justin and don’t release until you’re happy with it. You’ll only regret it and probably have 300 more comments to wade through!

7. Tan The Man
    Tan The Man Published |

Can’t wait, you’re awesome.

8. Jen
    Jen Published |

i’ve been using your theme for a little while now. looking forward to the update. thanks for all your work!

9. Techie Zone
    Techie Zone Published |

I am desperately waitin for the updated theme and gonna test out all thye new features.

10. brainsolid
    brainsolid Published |

Justin, about feature gallery
    It will be just cool, if you give an opportunity tj scroll articles in gallery (back/forward buttons) like in original script.

11. John Scott
    John Scott Published |

Hi Justin …. thanks for the update – I am so looking forward to the final release of your Options template and also Wordpress 2.5 (which may be around the same time).

Keep up the good work and I hope you didn’t work too hard over Easter.

12. wideaperture
    wideaperture Published |

lol. I was a beta adopter, and upon seeing this I have two thoughts:

(1) Way cool.
    (2) There goes my weekend.

Looking forward to the new release. I’ll try my best to share any advice I might have for porting beta-changes over to the upgraded Options install.

13. Tapeleg
    Tapeleg Published |

Do whatever you need to do. I can wait an extra few days for a solid theme. Especially a free one. Thanks for the hard work.

14. Rebecca
    Rebecca Published |

Justin,

Hope you got some sleep. I am looking forward to the new release!
    Thanks for posting about the contest!

15. joe
    joe Published |

Justin,

I am new to WordPress and really know very little about CSS or coding, etc. But I am looking forward to seeing the update and integrating it into my site. Thank you for the work that you are putting into the theme and the information you provide about its features.

16. stejoh
    stejoh Published |

Justin, you’re doing a great job.

I also think you should not refrain from asking for a small donation for your theme, it’s a killer!

17. Dreamer
    Dreamer Published |

Justin ,

I can wait, if necessary, but I am too impatient to see the work !!!

Merci beaucoup !!!

18. Jokka
    Jokka Published |

You have to come out with the new release soon, or else i’m gonna die!! I’m so excited.. Just like a little kid :p

19. HornyMelon
    HornyMelon Published |

Justin,

My fingers are itching to get started mangling..I mean using your new theme. I can’t wait any longer…..I’ve got someone here you know….You remember your invisible friend Timmy from when you were three? Timmy’s going to have problems walking if I don’t see a new theme release soon. I’ve emailed you his left ear….as motivation.

20. Justin Tadlock
    Justin Tadlock Published |

To everyone
    The release is definitely, 100%, without a doubt (barring some major disaster), coming out today. I just have to run a few IE, Opera, and Safari tests before putting it up when I get home from work.

joshmv
    Definitely contribute once you get it running. I could use all the help I can get.

Giacomo
    You’re definitely right about 300 more comments. I’d rather get some of the kinks worked out because this is the version I want to continue building upon. If you’ve tinkered with the code, then you probably won’t even think it’s the same theme when you look through the files this time around. So, a lot has changed.

Tan The Man
    Thanks. :)

Jen
    I’m looking forward to finishing the update. I’ve got other projects I’ve got to work on.

TechieZone
    I know. I’m moving as fast as I can. Looking forward to more support questions from you on the forums. :)

brainsolid
    The back/foward buttons are working in the new version, so you can scroll through the articles.

John Scott
    “Final release”? There’s nothing final about this. There’ll be plenty more updates, and I hope you continue getting them because I plan to continue adding new styles and features. This release is mostly about cleaning some stuff up.

wideaperture
    My weekend too. There’ll probably be mass confusion on the forums about the two versions. I can definitely use your help with porting beta changes. Most of custom styles should work “out-of-the-box” aside from the changes mentioned in this post.

Tapeleg
    It’s coming very, very soon. Thanks for the support.

Rebecca
    I plan on sleeping sometime after I release this thing.

Joe
    You’re welcome. The new stylesheet has a lot more comments and is structured in a way that will make it easier for users to base their own work upon.

stejoh
    There’s a donation link on the theme’s page. Users, feel free to donate.

Dreamer
    You won’t have to wait much longer.

Jokka
    I hope you don’t die. That’s how I feel about each new release of WordPress.

HornyMelon
    Poor Timmy. :(

21. joshmv
    joshmv Published |

AWESOME, I can’t wait, I’ll definitely post it up once I get it the way I like, I plan on doing some major design mods with it.

22. Josh Braun
    Josh Braun Published |

Re: mass confusion, a friendly suggestion – you might want to rename the existing Options forum “Options Beta”and start a new forum for the official release. If there are topics from the old forum that are still applicable, you can move them over as needed or blockquote appropriate text from them in new posts.

23. Justin Tadlock
    Justin Tadlock Published |

Josh Braun
    It’s a good suggestion, but I don’t want to split up the forums. I like to keep it simple. I could potentially have users posting in the wrong forum if I split them up, which could be more chaos. Plus, wading through 180+ topics for applicable ones would drive me somewhere past insane. :)

I think I’m just going to post a big message at the top of the forums for a few days, letting people know that there are different versions.

24. HornyMelon