1. dinu
    dinu Published |

dont worry Justin :) you will make it .. you have a good future ;) all the best !!

2. Dave Starr
    Dave Starr Published |

I found your plan insightful and inspiring. As an old guy who spent much of his life taking the ‘safe way’ I salute you and wish you well. I don’t know if you follow Steve Pavlina, if not you should look at his essay on ten reasons you should never have a job. (Steve is one of the richest bloggers in the world but few know him as he doesn’t write about making money online ;-).

If you can’t make enough out of the themes and other WordPress derivatives, did you ever think of continuing your language training work using the Internet? I worked in Japan for three years and had to turn away ‘face to face’ language students. I have always held the secret thought I should be pursuing that on an on-line basis.

I’m an American currently living in the Philippines and we have tons of ESL schools for Koreans that have popped up here … many of them are poorly run in my estimation and can not attract the level of instructors they ought to … I’d be surprised if a guy with accreditation, expereince and contacts in an asian country couldn’t find a way to convert it into online instruction instead of the traditonal classroom format.

Anyway, Godspeed and keep us posted … this is not a good time to join the ‘submit your resume’ crowd anyway, I’m pretty confident you’ll do better on your own, for sure.

3. Pangeran | PANGERAN.ORg
    Pangeran | PANGERAN.ORg Published |

God Bless You Justin.

Hope you’ll find your way to that…

But, one thing for sure… You’ve gone so far by having that “Theme Hybrid”…

So, just “Plan before action”…

Regards…

4. cubus
    cubus Published |

Good luck on your mission Justin.
    Just go for it.

And sure stay in the Wordpress corner for a while, you’re keeping it very vivid :)

5. IndieLab
    IndieLab Published |

Justin,

I work full-time as a web developer and I also develop many different sites in my free time using WP. I have always had the entrepreneurial spirit and have had several successful small businesses, both online and offline. However, none of them have been the it solution.

After reading 4HourWorkWeek on my honeymoon, I discovered two key ingredients I had been missing in my quest to make a living from my online activities. The first was to create the plan, and put that plan into action. The second was the courage and faith to follow through.

I can really relate to your vision and desire to make your living independently online and I truly wish you the best in your endeavors. If you would ever like to confer on different techniques of making a living online, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Adam

6. Harmony
    Harmony Published |

Fans await secrets. :-)
    Get ready – Adventure begins new chapter.

7. Zac
    Zac Published |

Best of luck mate!

8. SinDe
    SinDe Published |

Justin,

As one of your oldest followers (I received my AARP application a couple of months ago) I am so delighted for you and so delighted for all of us as well. Thank you so much for the work you do. I finally changed two of my blogs over to the Structure theme a few weeks ago. I have been in love with that theme for so long…(practiced on a private site to get it right) and finally got up the courage to use it (in its simplest form, but I’m getting it).

I depend on you and all the wonderful comments, questions and answers from all your fans to teach me what I need to know to set up my themes so they work well. I have to admit that I plow through every forum entry trying to learn because all too often I don’t feel as if I know enough to ask an intelligent question. Sometimes I don’t understand the “why” behind the answers, but you clarify everything so well that even an old lady with little know-how has gained confidence.

The very best to you with your goals. There is nothing more exciting to someone my age than seeing a young person follow a dream and make it a reality. I have no doubts about all the successes that will come to you. For those who are brave enough to state their dreams and goals, and follow through, life is always a success.

So, to you… and all those who participate in the forums, thank you. I am sure without you and your forum I would still think computers were fancy typewriters that send email.

SinDe

9. WordSkill
    WordSkill Published |

Best of luck, Justin. I’ve no doubt that you will make a big splash in the WordPress universe, you’ve already proved your talent and focus, I can’t wait to see what you achieve when you throw yourself into it fulltime.

10. Stu McLaren
    Stu McLaren Published |

Justin,

Good luck with your move my friend. Starting my own online business was the single greatest move I ever made.

Does it have it’s ups and downs? For sure.

But it’s also very liberating and fulfilling.

Here’s a quick (but important) tip for you – start building your email list. You have lots of us who read your blog on a regular basis and like hearing from you. So stay in contact with us!

It could be as simple as adding a checkbox below the comment field that would add people to an email list. This list could be used to give us updates, announce new product ideas and so on.

That email list will become your single biggest asset once you start your business.

All the best.

Stu McLaren

11. beautymakeupdivas
    beautymakeupdivas Published |

you can earn lots of money by adding adsense and cpm ads to this blog.
    hope to see ads here soon.

12. Lady G~
    Lady G~ Published |

Allow me to share one of my favorite quotes…

“If you can dream it, you can do it.”
    ~Walt Disney

Blessings to you, as you continue on your journey.

13. Danno
    Danno Published |

Nice one. There’s nothing like workin’ for yourself. Congrats on taking the plunge.

14. Jaspal Singh
    Jaspal Singh Published |

I m not a regular reader to this blog, but i sometime come here for some wordpress coding lessons or themes. After reading this post i think i should subscribe and also make myself a great follower of yours. U r actually doing the right thing, job is not going to take you ahead but the world of blogging will.

In the end i should say thanks for your themes and many other articles which i found interesting and inspiring.

15. LidiaAnain
    LidiaAnain Published |

Justin, it is about time you make good money from your dedication to making WordPress themes better and more manageable for designers! Your themes are some of the best I have used even when compared to high priced “premium” themes.

I congratulate you on following your dream. Your talent and heart will help you conquer this new phase of your life! It is exciting to know you will have more time to work on themes now! Can’t wait to see what kind of jewels you create!

Best of luck!

16. Rob Scott
    Rob Scott Published |

Hey Justin – best of luck with this.

It sounds very similar to what I did a couple of years ago, and I’ve not looked back.

If you need any help with any of the monetizing stuff you are likely to be needing, feel free to send me an email – we’re using your themes all over the place, so it would be nice to give you something back too.

There is some money available for guys like us out there, which is encouraging…

17. Do you want to write for a pop culture site?
  18. My 2008 Christmas
    My 2008 Christmas at |
  19. Rebecca
    Rebecca Published |

This is inspiring and I am in the process of doing the same. Here’s to our success!

20. PamLMathews
    PamLMathews Published |

You are not guaranteed success buy trying for something, but you ARE guaranteed to not go anywhere if you don’t try. I was lucky in that my spouse actually led the way, tried something, and had great success. That in turned pushed me. I too got stuck in the ‘parental approval’ trap, but you know what, they will be even prouder of you if you take that step on the high rope, without a net :)