1. Mayur Somani
    Mayur Somani Published |

Thanks a lot for the information. It does simplifies some of the work.

2. Wordpress UK » New page menu function in WordPress 2.7
  3. Today’s Delicious links | links | WereWP
  4. Nathan Rice
    Nathan Rice Published |

Dude, you’re starting to freak me out! :-)

This is exactly what I did in the new theme I’m working on. The only difference is that I did a function check for wp_page_menu and if it doesn’t exist, I create it, and let it accept the arguments as normal. I then parse the arguments and create a page menu based on the arguments (menu class, show home, etc.) using wp_list_pages.

Very cool stuff. I’ll probably write up a tutorial on how I did the backward compatibility sometime soon.

Good stuff, Justin. Keep it coming!
    Nathan

5. J Mehmett
    J Mehmett Published |

Yet another nice tip, man. Thanks for sharing.

WordPress is becoming more easier saving time. This is ‘write less, do more’.

6. Lyndi
    Lyndi Published |

Somehow I missed this one. Very handy. Thanks for the info. Backwards compatibility on some of the other new functions could be tricky as well.

7. New page menu function in WordPress 2.7 | Jnbn.Org
  8. Jauhari
    Jauhari Published |

Wow, this is what I looking for. Thanks justin

9. New Page Menu Function & Sticky Posts in WordPress 2.7
  10.   WordPress 2.7 new feature: wp_page_menu by Free WordPress Themes Blog
  11. How to: List your pages, the WordPress 2.7 way
  12. Lyndi
    Lyndi Published |

Justin, just a quick question please. Is it possible to add a ‘site-admin’ link to the end of the menu generated with this function?

13. links for 2008-11-27 « dupola’s weblog(en)
  14. Carrigaline Educate Together
    Carrigaline Educate Together Published |

Is there any chance that wp_dropdown_pages() can use the show_home option? In the last reply you mention taking on a link to the output of wp_list_pages()…are there examples available showing how to do that? Thanks,
    Ralph

15. Top WordPress 2.7 Tips, Hacks, Plugins & Resources | ShanKri-la
  16. WordPress 2.7 技巧、插件与资源精选 - WordPress 非官方中文站
  17. Sarah
    Sarah Published |

Just found this one.
    Great! Thanks so much :)

18. Alex
    Alex Published |

Thanks for the info. I was looking for an easier way to do this :)

Oh, and I like the way your posts read. Things are always where I expect to find them. Nice work.

19. Lance
    Lance Published |

Any way to remove a particular page with this?

Thanks.

20. Swoosh Away! - A free wordpress theme | Angad Sodhi
  21. Keiy
    Keiy Published |

Thanks for the tutorial, this time I’m looking for this actually for my new blog.

Thanks once more.

22. How To Create a Dropdown Menu In WordPress | Van SEO Design
  23. Wordpress Directory
    Wordpress Directory Published |

same here, any way to remove a page from the menu? I can’t imagine that they would have left that ability out.

24. NamrouD [ Version Beta ] » Brève Wordpress: 40 liens, thèmes, plugins et astuces en tout genre !
  25. Différence entre wp_list_pages et wp_page_menu | web design, wordpress, création et intégration de sites internet
  26. How To Create a Drop Down Menu In WordPress | Van SEO Design
  27. 100+ Massive Wordpress Tutorial Collection | tripwire magazine
  28. norman
    norman Published |

Great article. So basically if im converting a site from html to wordpress, all I have to do is create the dropdown menu with css and get it to look the way I want it in html, then just use the above code where i want the menu to appear, and my css will make it work and look like in the html? Is this correct? its that simple?

Norman