1. j. noronha
    j. noronha Published |

I know exactly what you mean. I was there about 3 yeas ago, but in my case it was a hobby that became a job.

I was fired from a government department after 10 years and it was like a whole starting over, very scary indeed. Now I make a lot more money than before, but also miss my friends from the old days. I made new ones, but you know what they say, these are silver and all this kind of things.

Cheers and a happy New Year for all of us, may the Web be ours in the years to come :-D .

2. mkjones
    mkjones Published |

The 2nd book sounds pretty good, not sure on the first :)

Always interesting when family get involved in business, especially when its an online-web-thing…

Al least you didn’t get “WordPress for dummies” :P

3. BoltClock
    BoltClock Published |

I’m glad to see your family being supportive of the recent decisions you’ve made, and I’m sure with them backing you, what your friends said will certainly come true.

I’m also glad you’ve had a great Christmas this year. Have a great new year ahead, Justin!

4. CircleReader
    CircleReader Published |

“I know Christmas isn’t all about money and being able to afford great gifts, but I consider it a blessing because I’m finally standing on my own two feet, so to speak.”

That’s a great feeling, isn’t it?

I’d add books by Paul Hawken, Guy Kawasaki, Barry J. Moltz, Romanus Walter, Saras D. Sarasvathy, and Edward Rogoff to the recommended reading list – but the best support will still come from your family and from your colleagues and fellow web design practitioners. Keep on asking them what they think, how they work, and what they are reading. We all stand on our own two feet with a little help from our friends.

You’ve taken your sites a long way in the last year – best wishes for an equally great 2009!

5. Thomas Clausen
    Thomas Clausen Published |

It’s always good to be happy for your life and the things surrounding it, it makes living a whole lot easier :-)

A little advise for your sister. I just re-discovered my Wii with two great games. They can be bought from the Wii-shop.
    - Bomberman (a highly addictive game, where you’ll learn a new definition of stress)
    - World of Goo (It’s simply a brilliant game by Kyle Gabler)

6. Jeff
    Jeff Published |

Hey Justin,
    I was really just wondering if, by chance, you knew Jeff, Marty or Blanche Tadlock???
    We’ve become more distant over the years, but I consider each of them very dear friends of mine!

Just Wondering…?

Jeff

7. Fortune Ezeoha
    Fortune Ezeoha Published |

Very nice post, far much better than most that I have read. I like the way you mentioned the facts of the matter and the sequence that you followed because that is where it all is.

I like the fact that your family supported what you are doing, it is alway great to have family and friend around when needed.

I like the tittle of the second book.
    cao