1. Drew Strojny
    Drew Strojny Published |

Nice work Justin.

Due to the somewhat scarce documentation on bbPress, something like this is very helpful. We are using bbPress in our support forums as well and have been extremely happy with it’s simplicity, size, and speed. Another positive: building themes for bbPress is similar to building themes for WordPress.

2. Momekh
    Momekh Published |

I am a fan of your work, throughnthrough :)
    I am trying to get the bbpress theme to work exactly like you are making it work on themehybrid.com … especially the global menu on the top, that stays ‘as is’ when one is in the forums etc.

How did you do it? I have searched the net and found nothing concrete :/

3. faryl
    faryl Published |

Thanks for putting this together! Just did a quick search on Twitter to see if I’d find anything to help me decide between BBPress & Simple:Press.

Since one of the first tweets was from you, linking to this post, seems like BBPress is the way to go :-)

4. The Frosty @WPCult
    The Frosty @WPCult Published |

Very nice, love to see bbPress picking up. I use it for my forums, and love it. Thought I am still learning a lot, and would love to see more, do more and am exited about the closeness of bbPress 1.0.

5. bbPress 1.0 Released - bbPress skips beta for 1.0 | The Fearless Blogger
  6. Jon
    Jon Published |

The more documentation of bbpress the better I say. I’ve been playing around with bbpress for a while, but now that 1.0-RC1 is out I’m excited for where the project is going. I’m in the process of moving away from some custom backend software that I had written for my clients to a wordpress/bbpress based system and there haven’t been any major stumbling blocks so far, they’re both really great pieces of software.

7. Sikjaer
    Sikjaer Published |

Hi Justin,

I really like your themes. I just set up an news-website about dental health and your news themes might fit to my needs. I’ll play a bit around with it (love it soooo much) and then you might have a new fan :)
    Btw: the bbpress plugin is a great tool!!! Thanks for sharing this information – me and my future visitors will really benefit from that!

Your press-mate
    Sikjaer

8. John
    John Published |

9. JoSe
    JoSe Published |

Excellent tutorial Justin, please keep ´em coming !!!

10. Michael
    Michael Published |

Thanks for that useful tip.

A possible tutorial idea: how to create pages in bbPress.

I tried copying the header and footer files into a new file, and adding the content, but that didn’t work.

11. JoSe
    JoSe Published |

Justin, I know this may sound crazy, but do you see any functionality in developing a Hybrid FW just for bbPress ? If my uqestion is real nosense, it is just I know nothing about Wordpress…:-(

12. Albert K.
    Albert K. Published |

I agree with Michael, a tutorial on how to create pages in bbPress would be welcome, I’m learning a lot here in justinadlock, thanks a lot!

13. Ken N.
    Ken N. Published |

Actually, this tutorial got me to install bbPress and attempt to figure out how to theme it. One huge stumbling block is the general lack of documentation. Now that bbPress is 1.0, I think it’s past time to have some kind of documentation to go with it.

That you wrote a tutorial interesting me in this software, and I’m interested in contributing, but there’s currently no place to contribute to that I could find. I doubt the community will grow very much without a codex or something.

14. Laura
    Laura Published |

I only just found your blog – wow, there’s some good articles here. I’m more than likely going to be here half the night reading and *trying* your stuff.

15. Bethany Trinoble
    Bethany Trinoble Published |

Clear and helpful tutorial, thank you

16. Mike
    Mike Published |

Just wanted to show my support for more posts on BBpress. I will be in need of a forum solution and I think I am leaning towards BBpress b/c of its lightness.

I think a great post would be to explain how to create custom templates. This is the one thing that is scaring me a bit, but I am sure with time and persistence it will work out. Or maybe a post on how to integrate wordpress and BBpress, specifically adding links to forums within a “blog” post.

Your first two posts are great, and I will be referencing those when I get started. THANKS

17. 24 Inch Bar Stools
    24 Inch Bar Stools Published |

Nice work.Thank you.You are great Justin.

18. Coafuri
    Coafuri Published |

I have added a bbpress to a wordpress. Everything works fine with your help.

19. Revitalizing bbPress Development | WordCast