1. Keith S.
    Keith S. Published |

Why wait for them all to get ripe? Green tomatoes are excellent!

2. Steven Gliebe
    Steven Gliebe Published |

What kind of tomatoes are you growing?

3. Klubovi
    Klubovi Published |

Thats HUGE! :)

4. jon
    jon Published |

Justin,
    i love tomatoes, always did. two things i wanted to throw in here: in Hungarian language the tomatoe is called paradicsom (paradise)–rightfully so i guess :)) and: the Portuguese make a tomatoe “marmelada” (confiture) of which i, when i saw it first, thought this was totally gaga. but then! it is delicious. never thought that tomatoes could make a confiture.
    if you are interested i could find a reliable recipe. but then again, you might need all your tomatoes for the ketchup… oh my…

5. Kim Parsell
    Kim Parsell Published |

Glad to see that your garden is producing. :)

When I had a garden, I found the best tomatoes for making/canning tomato sauce, ketchup, etc. are Roma tomatoes. They are mostly meat, very little juice, and are extremely easy to core – simply cut off the top 1/2″. Quarter them, put them through the Foley food mill to remove seeds and skin, then pour into a pan to cook down. Because they have very little juice, they cook down faster and the sauce is thicker when you’re done. You can even cook the sauce down in a large crock pot to keep the heat down in your kitchen in the summer.

I usually had around 100 Roma plants to ensure that I had enough sauce to make everything I wanted to put up. Yes, I had a really huge garden. :)

6. Mark
    Mark Published |

Great photo of your squash. Many times the simple joys of life are among the best.

7. shamvil
    shamvil Published |

Looks like you will have a fruitful garden. nice pic of your first squash.