1. Grant Palin
    Grant Palin Published |

This is a timely series. I’ve been doing some work on integrating post formats into my own theme. The quote format is a pretty easy one, as you stated. Though I’ve been using a slightly different approach, by using the Port Formats UI plugin by Alex King. It simplifies things a bit by defining fields particular to the chosen format.

I’ve also chosen to wrap the blockquote in a figure, and use the figcaption to display the attribution information. From what I can tell that is an appropriate use of the figure/figcaption combination, also since blockquote doesn’t have a paired element for attributions.

2. Edward Caissie
    Edward Caissie Published |

Filtering the content to wrap it in a blockquote tag is a very nice approach!
    I was trying to do it all strictly with CSS … mostly due to a commonly installed (truly annoying) plugin’s “share” functionality.

I’m going to look at this closer in my current project, might help with some of underlying style specificity issues I was running into.

3. Kerry Lukes
    Kerry Lukes Published |

Well this will make life alot easier :)

4. charlie duvall
    charlie duvall Published |

Some things in here I have not thought about before. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information.

5. Lineage 2
    Lineage 2 Published |

I like this plugin, is perfect to me! :D

6. دردشة صوتية
    دردشة صوتية Published |

Thanks Justin that he did a great job

7. Working with WordPress post formats and quotations - Synapticism
  8. jen
    jen Published |

thanks for the code here. anyway to add the source/author (in link form) at the end of the quote?

9. Courtney Robertson
    Courtney Robertson Published |

Thanks! This will help particularly if I am posting a quote from the mobile app and don’t want to fuss with a blockquote button