1. Jay Vandenberg
    Jay Vandenberg Published |

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers.

2. Andrew
    Andrew Published |

Sorry to hear of your loss Justin but that’s a lovely tribute and a very touching eulogy.

3. Lorelle
    Lorelle Published |

Beautiful, Justin. What a wonderful tribute.

Many think it is the famous that change our lives, or teachers that pass us as we move through life. I think it is the rare special people that few know that define us in their own special way. You are better for knowing him, and he you.

Thank you for sharing.

4. Kerlyin
    Kerlyin Published |

Really sad to know about your loss. There memories always remain with us till the end.

5. Sinthiya
    Sinthiya Published |

Extremely sorry to here about it Justin.

6. Randall
    Randall Published |

There is simple elegance in your tribute. He must have had a great influence on you. Thanks for sharing this publicly.

7. Colm Barry
    Colm Barry Published |

8. CrisisMaven
    CrisisMaven Published |

I was just curious, if this comment went through. A friend of mine commented here a few days ago and got no notable reaction from your blog (such as a link to the comment which usually shows that the comment has been recognized and not “dumped” immediately). This was HIS comment: “I can relate to that. I too had an uncle who was kind to me. As both he and my father had fought in the war, but fathers never talked about it, he did at least. And i assume, vice versa my father might have opened up to nephews a bit more than toward me although I can’t verify that as he had no nephews. So what I actually am grateful for (I never spent as much time with him as you seem to have had the privilege to spend with your uncle) is that he did not clam up but filled in a few of the voids my father left (I’m sure he thought it was for our good).” – Now, for the same reasons I do not know if this happens to my comment or if therefore this “message in a bottle” ever reaches you. And I don’t know what spam filter you use, but I found e.g. mollom to be notoriously inaccurate. Whatever the reason: let’s say, you find this comment but not my friend’s: then there is a statistical chance you might have double as any commenters and followers than you actually have for all your efforts, but you’d never notice. By the same token, if you do not see MY comment either, then … well then it’s difficult to predict but your losses might be enormous. So I wait and see.