1. reswara
    reswara Published |

Hehehe, I agree with you, totally. My grandma can make “pecel”, (you know, some food from Indonesia) better than every one.

But, my grandma was pass away 8 years ago. :(

I hope your Granny have good conditions and longevity. :)

2. iRikai
    iRikai Published |

Looks “delicious” to me. I bet it was indeed delicious.

Lucky you to have such caring Granny

3. Naser
    Naser Published |

The love of a granny cannot be compared. It is unconditional love. My granny is in stars now. I really miss her :'(

4. Sanjay
    Sanjay Published |

That’s an interesting biscuit :) I remember my granny cooked my favorite delicacies and I would eat them all. Now, I miss her.

5. ben
    ben Published |

holly cra*! Those are some puffy baps. In Scotland a bap is a bread roll (which these look like superficially). But having done a hitch in Savannah GA, I know the difference, and by God Im at a loss for a good biscuit, let alone gravy. I mean if you are going to have a diet this poor, at least it should make your toes curl when you sit down on Sunday! Thanks for making a yank weep!

b

6. andrewbales
    andrewbales Published |

It looks delicious to me. That’s an interesting biscuit :)

7. Victor
    Victor Published |

Sadly my grandma is not with us anymore, but She was the most amazing cooker I ever met.

Enjoy yours !! and bon appetite

8. Anand
    Anand Published |

Thanks for remind me about by grandma.She is very far from me and i m missing her

9. Sandeep Yadav
    Sandeep Yadav Published |

Haha..Just love the title. I love my Grandma’s cookies, especially the sweets she make when we go visit her.

10. Derick Dedmon
    Derick Dedmon Published |

My Grandmother passed away when I was young, so I did not get to have much time with her, but I can remember the times when I would walk into her house and smell the baking more than 20 years later. Cookies, upside down cakes (my fav), biscuits, you name it she baked it. I should ask my Mom if she still has any of her old recipes.

1. Sandeep Yadav
      Sandeep Yadav Published |

Hey, That sounds sad. Sorry to hear that.

11. Charis
    Charis Published |

I always love to visit my grand mother’s house as she cooks delicious food and sweets for me which i like the most.

12. Vivek Kumar
    Vivek Kumar Published |

Looks “delicious” to me.

13. elaine
    elaine Published |

When I saw the title of your blogpost, and saw the ol’ flour sifter, I thought I would comment. I had one just like that. Bet she’s had it for at least 30+ years.

Home made Buttermilk Biscuits, made with real buttermilk. Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy or for those with a sweet-tooth, Honey Butter. I have all my grandma’s old recipes, and she taught me how to make it all, except her homemade popcorn balls. Did you have those in your family? They were special because they were very hard to make, like making hard candy ribbons, which she also made. Those two particular items were waiting for us in our Stockings on Christmas morning along with tangerines. I think they must have been very special back then because we only got a few at Christmas.

“Our stockings were hung by the Chimney with care. St. Nick could stay home, cuz my grama was there. :)

lol, I don’t know why that just popped into my mind, but there ya go, sums it up nicely I think.

All the little everyday things that made life wonderful, I learned from my Grandma.

Take time, learn their ways, record them telling you or your children stories of their lives growing up. My grama lived to be 99 years old. She walked at least 5 miles a day everyday until she was in her late 80’s. She had a beer everyday of her life, and never once even tried a cigarette. I could go on for hours about that woman, who had the heart and words of a saint and the spirit of an eagle.

Blessings to you, and yours, and may the gods keep your grama in your heart and mind forever.

Thank you.