Summer 2006 Goals
Summer’s almost here. I only have 2 essays to write; one that is halfway done and due on Tuesday, and the other is due on May 1, my birthday. Oh well. Then I only have 2 finals this semester, and they are both on May 6, a Saturday. Which, it just so happens, is the same day that Leslie Owens, an old high school friend, is having her college graduation party. I hope I will get to go. I’ll have to check my exam times. Right now, it doesn’t look likely.
I did make some summer plans, or goals, whichever you prefer.
- Read a book every week starting May 8. Continue for at least 12 weeks. So, I'll have read 12 books by summer's end.
- Write 1000 words toward a novel every day or at least 5000 a week for 12 weeks, which is 60,000 words.
- Blog every day, or at least 5 times a week. Now, that'll be a feat with the way things have been going.
- Finish Literacy Website Project.
- Shoot/Edit/Produce at least 3 episodes of A Day In The Life: The Justin Tadlock Story.
- Finish documentary-type music project for my dad by June 29, his birthday.
- Finish my first 12 weeks of Body For Life. Then I would like to start on a new challenge. (Each challenge has its own subset of goals that I'm not going to take the time to list right now.)
There they are, my summer plans. I hope I can find it somewhere deep inside myself, the power or motivation or whatever, to finish these goals. I think they’re all reasonable enough to complete, especially since I don’t think I’m getting that internship with Channel 2 Public Broadcasting in Montgomery.
One final note: I’m down to 232 pounds. That’s an 8 pound loss so far. Now it’s time for bed.