Sun and Moon
My sister asked if I would draw a sun and moon picture. I had no idea what she was talking about, so I asked for some examples. Eventually, I pulled up some source material to work from.
The style was a bit outside my wheelhouse, but I felt like it would be a good learning opportunity. There were a ton of gradients in this but not many base colors. Mostly, I stuck with Poppy Red, Magenta, Canary Yellow, Violet, and Parrot Green. There were a few others in there, but almost every part of the drawing was a blend of two or more of those colors.
It took eight days in total to complete this project. The gallery below is shown in reverse-chronological order.
The tools I used were:
- Strathmore 300 Series Bristol Vellum Pad, 9“x12“.
- Ticonderoga HB (#2) Pencils.
- Prismacolor Premier Coloring Pencils.
- Mungyo Soft Pastels.
- Tachikawa Comic Pen Nib Holder.
- Zebra Comic G Model Chrome Pen Nib.
- Deleter Manga Ink, Black 4.
- Prismacolor Premier Illustration Markers.
- Tombow Mono Zero Eraser.
- Mr. Pen Erasers.