A History of the Shaved Heads of Female Stars

It’s no secret that Britney Spears might have lost her mind. It’s no secret that she partied with Paris Hilton, and didn’t wear any undies while doing it.

Britney Spears Shaving Her Head

It’s certainly no secret that Britney shaved her own head last Friday, then continued over to an L. A. tattoo parlor to have little lips inked on her wrist.

Britney shouldn’t hog all the news though. She’s had too much media attention in the last few months.

Here’s a look at some other celebs who’ve sheared their hair. However, I must note that they were paid money for losing their locks.

Demi Moore G. I. Jane Shaved Head

Demi Moore donned the shaved look in G.I. Jane, in which she played a senator who enrolled in the Navy SEALS training program. She had the tough look going though. Not a bad looking woman, even with no hair. Moore’s head at least helped with female self-empowerment.

Sigourney Weaver Alien 3 Shaved Head

Sigourney Weaver went shaved in Alien3. I haven’t seen the movie, but I added her because she kept popping up when I was looking for pics of other celebs with shaved heads. I’m not sure why her head was shaved. Maybe the aliens done it or that was the look for the time.

Natalie Portman V for Vendetta Shaved Head

My favorite actress who has shaved her head is Natalie Portman. She played Evey in V for Vendetta, and had to lose her hair to go undercover. Quite possibly the most beautiful woman without hair I’ve seen yet. I don’t know if there’s a bad look for her.

Obviously, these other celebs won’t make the headlines, but at least there’s one blog post in the blogosphere with their names in it.

Are there any other female celebs who’ve shaved their heads? For money or because they’ve lost their minds?

Edit (February 20, 2006, 8:15 p.m.): I just found this link to A History of Bald Women. It shows some of the women stars in films who’ve taken on bald roles.

1. gerald
    gerald Published |

I’d like to add Sinead O’Connor and Joyce (of Uchenna and Joyce of Amazing Race fame). I don’t know if this counts, but Top Model did a photoshoot with bald caps a couple of cycles back.
    ;)

2. Justin
    Justin Published |

Well, I’m not counting the bald caps exactly, but still like to hear about them. Christine Taylor wore one for an esisode on friends. And I would’ve put her as one of the top hot bald girls if it wasn’t a cap.

3. tiggerprr
    tiggerprr Published |

Natalie Portman is quite beautiful isn’t she?

4. Justin
    Justin Published |

She always is.

5. Alessia Marcuzzi Flash
    Alessia Marcuzzi Flash Published |

Nice post, bookmark it

6. Gizmology
    Gizmology Published |

I just found this article because after reading the Atlantic Monthly article on Britney, I went looking for pics of her shaving her head, and you were one of the links from the results. Anyway, you say:

“I don’t think the bald look is coming into style any time soon in America, at least not if you’re a woman. I’ve read that the look is becoming quite popular among men celebs.”

But this style is not “becoming” popular! ever since Michael Jordan shaved his head, the bald look has been THE hottest style. The only reason they don’t all shave their heads is because not everyone is blessed with such a beautifully-shaped head. As for women, Sinead made it cool for rebel grrrlz to shave their heads years ago. You need to keep up with fashion a bit more — the bald thing isn’t new, it’s old hat!

7. matthew
    matthew Published |

I want to see deanna pappas from the bachelorette shave her head, she would look so hot…..

8. Rolakiki
    Rolakiki Published |

Who was the bald alien woman in that Star Trek movie?

1. Mossy
      Mossy Published |

The actress with the shaved head in the Star Trek movie was called Persis Khambata (hope that’s the correct spelling!!!) Not sure if she was an Indian actress or from the Middle East.

She looked stunning.

I’m doing a sponsored head shave on Jan 1st in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

I will look slightly less stunning but I have raised 226.00 already!

9. La beauté féminine, mais laquelle ? « Mifazzablog’s Blog