1. au8ust: Reaching Darkness « au8ust’s wordpress channel
  2. Adii
    Adii Published |

Great work Justin! :) Veerle would be proud…

3. Toni
    Toni Published |

Hi Justin,

I really love this theme- Reaching Darkness. However, I just can’t find the way(s) to make my monthly ‘Archive’ appear.. the /Archive certainly does appear but when I click on it, it will automatically points to a different link of the page.. Can you help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

4. Justin
    Justin Published |

Sure Toni. I know I can be a bit confusing. To get the Archives to work, you need to find the Permalink ID to your Archives Wordpress Page. Go to your Wordpress Admin-Panel and click Manage, then click Pages. The ID will be located to the left of whatever your Archives Page is. You’ll need that number.

Look for this code in “sidebar.php:”

<!-- TO ADD AN ARCHIVES LINK, JUST UNCOMMENT THIS & CHANGE THE PERMALINK NUMBER
    <li class="archives"><a href="<?php echo get_permalink(47); ?>" title="<?php _e('Archives'); ?>"><?php _e('Archives'); ?></a></li>
    </a>
    -->

All you need to do is change the “47” to your ID number that you got from your Admin-panel.

Or, you can erase the entire link and just give a link to your Archives page itself. Of course, you need to uncomment the where it says uncomment, but I see you’ve already done that. I hope this helps.

5. Weblog Tools Collection » Blog Archive » WordPress Theme Releases for 05/01
  6. Temas para WordPress para el 2 de mayo - Carrero Bitácora de los Hermanos Carrero, David Carrero Fernández-Baillo y Jaime Carrero Fernández-Baillo.
  7. Toni
    Toni Published |

Hi there.. I did change the “47” to the ID number of the Archives folder however it will just give either a blank page or a different post of my blog.

creating another page did not solve the problem. Is there another way to get the permalink of the whole Archive folder in wordpress? I mean, I tried replacing the permalink ID of ‘March’ and then it showed up but just only for the specified month.

Thanks for the help Justin :)

Cheers!

8. Justin
    Justin Published |

First off, do you even have an an Archives Page? When I say Page with a capital “P,” I mean Wordpress Page that you created, not folder or the file called “archive.php.”

Your month of March shouldn’t have a permalink ID. Your Archives Page is something you create. There’s not much I can do from this end because I can’t see inside your Admin Panel.

How have you gotten your Archives Page to show up prior to having this theme?

You can always write this in “sidebar4.php”:
    <?php wp_list_pages(); ?>
    to list all your pages. When you see Archives, then you can see what the number is because I see you don’t have pretty permalinks.

Update: I now see that you’ve gotten your Archive Page to work in your top navigation. And, I see that the Page ID is “119.” That should be the number you use instead of “47.”

9. WeblogToolsCollection Español » Blog Archive » Temas de WordPress publicados 1/5
  10. Toni
    Toni Published |

Finally.. got my Archives work perfectly :) .. took me days to figure out but geez.. this is great!

Thanks a lot Justin!

11. Only My Dreams » Sigh of Relief
    Only My Dreams » Sigh of Relief at |
  12. Julia
    Julia Published |

Thanks for the great work. I was looking for something exactly like this. I enjoyed the installation process and discovered a few lovely little surprises along the way.

13. Justin
    Justin Published |

Thank you for using it Julia. I think it looks great on your site. I like the header image you added.

14. jameswillisisthebest