1. BlogBuzz November 3, 2007 » Webmaster-Source
  2. Images, thumbnails and custom fields in WordPress | WordPressGarage.com
  3. The Top 5 Uses for Wordpress Custom Fields on the Oak Innovations Blog
  4. Wordpress Custom Fields 系列教程 / Digbuzz 我挖网
  5. Read me about the new themsis
    Read me about the new themsis at |
  6. GncTurkler.COM » Blog Archive » wp tema read me den ufak bi çeviri
  7. Link notes del 4 2 2008 » Sapientone
    Link notes del 4 2 2008 » Sapientone at |
  8. WordPress: Templates & Custom Fields - Personal Development for Smart People Forums
  9. A theme…finally!

14. havlu kenari
    havlu kenari Published |

great
    thank you..

15. paidnetpedia.com
    paidnetpedia.com at |
  16. SEO & Web Design » Blog Archive » Mastering Your WordPress Theme Hacks and Techniques
  17. Custom Fields For Feeds: WordPress Plugin: Adding WordPress custom fields to your feeds
  18. pepa garcía
    pepa garcía Published |

thanks a lot. i´m trying to understand what this all is about. i´ve just installed the fabulous options theme (teleperra.com).
    i´m following you.
    cheers.

19. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks
  20. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks | 胡作非为 - 每天精彩文章推荐 - Best Articles of the Day
  21. örgü
    örgü Published |

great thanks a lot

22. 40 consejos y trucos para Wordpress | aNieto2K
  23. 40 самых востребованных настроек/хаков для WordPress
  24. Using Custom Fields in Wordpress | Easy Day Media
  25. 40+ Most Wanted WordPress Tricks and Hacks | Blogging Tips
  26. 40 Consejos para optimizar tu Wordpress » Comenta o Muere | Actualidad, Humor, Tecnología, Política, Ciencia, Música… y otros muchos temas de los que merece la pena hablar.
  27. Toure
    Toure Published |

Hello
    Thanks for the great tutorials.
    My question is could you please write a plugin that can simply help to upload images and manage them to a specific folder withing wordpress where we can call the image files for the excerpts.
    It think wordpress files upload sucks (I don’t even know if there is one beside uploading directly images for the articles.
    Please help us with a plugin or guidance or how o do it withing wordpress without using any external ftp.
    Again thanks and I am gonna follow this post for answer

28. Los 40 trucos mas importantes de Wordpress « Camyna.com
  29. kailoon
    kailoon Published |

Thanks for the tutorial!

Are there any way to add a page of custom field in admin panel?

For example,
    within the theme, I use the query_posts

?php query_posts($query_string.'&posts_per_page=x'); ?>

And I wish to control the x amount in the admin panel where I will create a new menu page for it.

Thanks!

30. WordPress How To: Recent Posts With Thumbnails | OFimdaVarzea.Com
  31. vijayaraghavan
    vijayaraghavan Published |

thanks for the info dude…can u jus tell me how to add an adsense videounit code into the custom field??

32. WordPress 常用技巧40+则,诚邀您的参与翻译 - WordPress中文站
  33. Steve Bruner
    Steve Bruner Published |

Justin: Great article, but I’m confused. How does this code sort by the custom field? It looks like it’s sorting by “post_name” not “author”.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Steve

34. Oh no! Another Great List of Wordpress Stuff : Wordpress Plugins
  35. Richard
    Richard Published |

Thanks for your introduction on Custom Fields, a very useful and easy tool to making WordPress websites easier to update.

I have expanded on your discussion on Custom fields with a simplified tutorial at:

36. WordPress 常用技巧40+则 : 从1981年2月开始的人生
  37. WordPress 常用技巧40+则 - 从1981年2月开始的人生
  38. WordPress Developer’s Toolbox | Developer's Toolbox | Smashing Magazine
  39. WordPress Developer’s Toolbox | Free Wordpress Templates (Themes)
  40. WP开发者资源-2.12: 自定义字段的应用技巧 | 帕兰映像
  41. WordPress Developer’s Toolbox | rafdesign
  42. ordersomabuyg
    ordersomabuyg Published |

Wow Cool !
    Super Man
    Nice Site

43. An Easy Way To Get the Contents of a Custom Field :: Nathan Rice
  44. 精通Wordpress系列教程- 1: 精通Wordpress主题Hacks与技巧 | 帕兰映像
  45. WordPress 开发者工具箱1 | Ruijin Ubuntu Blog 生活中的每一点点滴滴......
  46. DTLT Revamp: Custom Fields Are Your Friends at The Fish Wrapper
  47. 精通Wordpress系列教程- 1: 精通Wordpress主题Hacks与技巧 - pi4.cn 屁事网
  48. Clearskys.net Blog » How to - Adding menu sub-titles to a theme
  49. 41个最值得应用的wordpress技巧工具 | 大眼博客---睁大眼睛看
  50. higgins
    higgins Published |

this’s a very useful post – thank you for sharing!
    chris

51. Circularized Theme Demo » Blog Archive » Using Custom Fields with Circularize’d
  52. Meung Lee
    Meung Lee Published |

I think custom field usage in wordpress magazine and complex themes are really important. in fact it makes things really easy. Thanks for sharing this nice intro.

53. Mens health Blog
    Mens health Blog Published |

I am using wordpress for more than three years. But till today before seeing this post, I was completely unaware of this custom fields. I thought it might be for something like for adding keywords meta tags etc.

Thanks for enlightening on this. I’ll look up more opportunities to use the feature more productively. If I get a new idea about using this feature I’ll post in my blog.

54. Wordpress增强:40多个你最想要的Wordpress技巧和插件工具 : 互联网营销博客 - Internet Marketing
  55. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks - o2webdev
  56. boundbystars.com :: Featured :: Loret Ipsum test….
  57. 40+提高WordPress博客应用体验的技巧/插件 - 菠菜博
  58. Kevon
    Kevon Published |

This is a great overview for custom fields on posts and returning info in the loop.

I’ve be stumped or a while if i can use the custom fields for static pages (not posts) and then return the fields in a newly-created static page. For example, i’ve created 10 static pages, one for each type of surfboard. The keys are builder, color, type, etc. Now, I’d like to return all 10 pages in a table of contents page. How would i do this since this is outside the loop as i understand it? Sample code to drop into me index.php file would be awesome.

Thank you!!

59. Xantifee
    Xantifee Published |

Hey, great post! Works great but I really would like it if the list was not text links but a group of thumbnail links from one categorie. Any idea how that code would look like?

60. ekingdom
    ekingdom Published |

Hi – thanks for the tutorial.

New WP user here. I’m wanting to add some custom details to my post details which would be exif info for photos. I’m sure CF’s would allow me to do that – but i can’t work out how it would be coded… anyone ideas anyone?

For example:

Travel | Posted on Feb 25th by Electrique Kingdom | No comments – being my currect post details

Travel | ¹/125 sec | ƒ/5.6 | ISO 200 | Posted on Feb 25th by Electrique Kingdom | No comments – this is what i want!

Thanks for looking.

61. wordpress實用技巧40招 | 時間不等於金錢
  62. Eurovision Turkey Contest Hadise

And i can not found your bbpress themes.Can u help me?

63. My Little World » Blog Archive » This tutorial will explain
  64. 135+ Ultimate Round-Up of Wordpress Tutorials | About Us | instantShift
  65. 我想网 » Blog Archive » WordPress 开发者工具箱(上)
  66. Waukesha website designer
    Waukesha website designer Published |

The edit post screen now refers to these as name/value, even though the wordpress documentation still refers to this a key/value. This is kind of confusing. I’m still trying to find information on how to add these custom fields into my own theme.

67. 250 Wordpress Tutorials
    250 Wordpress Tutorials at |
  68. wordpress için 35 hack ve ipucu | Bilgimix.com
  69. 20+ Tutorials and Resources for Working with Custom Fields in WordPress | Vandelay Design Blog
  70. 40+提高WordPress博客应用体验的技巧/插件 | BeckMint
  71. Web design cheltenham
    Web design cheltenham Published |

so you don’t call the ‘value’ in the php, you just call the ‘key’ Right?

72. 20+ Cool Wordpress Tips and Tricks
    20+ Cool Wordpress Tips and Tricks at |
  73. 20 wordpress tutorials that dont SUCK! | Webdevtuts | Web Development | Web Design | Graphic Designs
  74. Some Necessary Wordpress Tips | All about Technology
  75. 40+ Wordpress Tricks and Hacks | Mellowish
  76. 40+最值得应用的WordPress技巧和工具 « 爱牛牛玩具总动员
  77. 101 List Of Awesome Wordpress Tips and Resources
  78. Algunos trucos para mejorar tu Wordpress | http://trukos.net
  79. using Wordpress custom fields | ankhou creative
  80. Unlimited New Useful Wordpress Tips,Tricks & Hacks - Themeflash : One Stop For All Your Web Resources
  81. D.K推荐41个最有用的WordPress技巧 | iOver
  82. 250 Wordpress Tutoriels et liens pour tous | Guppytrucs Freeware
  83. US Want - Your Blogs, Social Network, Search Engine for Drivers, UserGuide, Vids, Images, Tutorials
  84. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks And Hacks « Photoshop.vn – Your Design Resource
  85. Da importância de conhecer bem o WordPress » Comunidade WordPress-BR
  86. WordPress How To: Recent Posts With Thumbnails | O Fim da Várzea
  87. 41 Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks | eBookTM | Download ebook, Jetaudio skin, Games
  88. Most Wanted 40+ Tips and Hacks For Wordpress | oOrch Blog
  89. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks « Los temas del Pelado
  90. 40 consejos y trucos para Wordpress « Los temas del Pelado
  91. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks | 9Tricks.Com - Tips - Tricks - Tutorials
  92. WordPress Developer’s Toolbox | 9Tricks.Com - Tips - Tricks - Tutorials
  93. NamrouD | Upgrade Your Mind ! » 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks
  94. Brad Poulter
    Brad Poulter Published |

Fantastic! Seriously out of all the custom field tutorials I have been mowing through this one finally touches on using custom fields in custom TEMPLATES. Most of the other tutorials only touch on how they can be used on the index.php page. All I wanted to do was make a simple gallery page of a certain category. And now its done, thanks!

95. Online live » Blog Archive » 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks
  96. 自定义字段的使用:简介 « 太一呵呵
  97. 10 wordpress tutorials that dont SUCK! | Webdevtuts
  98. Mas de 40 Trucos para tu Wordpress | trukos!
  99. Man Vanquishing Machine - create a directory or list using custom fields
  100. post_1 – de joaca
    post_1 – de joaca at |
  101. Ultimate Wordpress Tutorial Collection | Infact ABC of Wordpress
  102. 65 Of The Best WordPress Tutorials « Junkiee.Net
  103. AlexVerse » Blog Archive » The Power of Wordpress Custom Fields
  104. 136 Massive Wordpress Tutorial Collection | WebCoreStudio
  105. 100+ Awesome Resource list for Wordpress | WebSenseLogic
  106. Fort Collins Web
    Fort Collins Web Published |

The “What are custom fields” was a great explanation. It would be great to use custom fields as footnotes in posts. I am going to use the as “extra” info above the header. In hope it will help with sem/seo. Thank for the great toot.

1. Fort Collins Web
      Fort Collins Web Published |

I meant “use *THEM* as”. sry for the typo. :)

107. 135 trang web/blog thủ thuật wordpress hay nhất | eThongTin's Blog | Blog thủ thuật công nghệ thông tin, làm giàu cho mọi người.
  108. Richard
    Richard Published |

I installed the plugin and activated and I don’t see the Custom Fields box anywhere where you are suppose to select Key and Value. Is there something else I’m suppose to be doing after activating to plugin?

109. Joseph Buarao
    Joseph Buarao Published |

nice tutorial… I will implement this to my theme.. thanks mate :)

110. 40 Wordpress Most Wanted Tips by ehackworld | Ehackworld
  111. WordPress Arena: A Blog for WordPress Developers, Designers and Blogger
  112. 70+ WordPress Tricks and Hacks « nikilakiran
  113. 50中增加wordpress博客用户体验的方法-轻描淡写
  114. Wordpress Custom Fields - Tutorials and Plugins - PelFusion
  115. 精通WordPress系列教程- 1: 精通WordPress主题Hacks与技巧 | 幸福一家
  116. 40+ Most Wanted Wordpress Tricks and Hacks | download.allinfo24.com
  117. Intermedialabz- tech news
    Intermedialabz- tech news at |
  118. Custom Fields | FredrikOlsson
    Custom Fields | FredrikOlsson at |
  119. 精通Wordpress教程 | ✪Qnmlglb✪
  120. 135 links providing the hottest tips wordpress | Technology tips, Giveaways, Freewares, Free apps, Reviews,...
  121. New Tricks For WordPress | helpforwordpress.net
  122. Kurajin
    Kurajin Published |

As long as I do blogging, I still use plugins for my blog enhancement. I think now I have to learn about php and it’s Object Oriented Programming. Thanks for share.

123. Da importância de conhecer bem o WordPress | Comunidade WordPress Brasil