This theme has been discontinued. Check out ThemeHybrid.com for the new themes.
- Customized front page to look like a news or magazine site.
- Sidebar tabbed navigation through the use of a custom jQuery script (jQuery is packaged with the theme).
- Embed YouTube, Google Video, and Metacafe videos easily with Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict. Or, use the Flash Video Player plugin to input your own videos.
- Supports the Flickr RSS plugin.
- Related Posts plugin support.
- WordPress 2.3 tag-ready, but backwards-compatible with previous versions of WordPress.
- Custom post information can easily be input through the use of a Visionary theme-specific plugin modified from the custom field GUI plugin.
- Customized templates for every type of WordPress file, such as category.php and and archive.php.
- Customized sidebars for different pages of the site.
- Placeholders for ads. Great sidebar sizes for 125x125px ads.
- Widget-ready sidebar, but I suggest not using widgets because this theme wasn’t designed for them.
Need To Know
- The readme.txt file will be your best friend when using this theme. Learn to love it.
- Know how to use optional excerpts to make a cleaner blog when using this theme.
- Learn how to upload images.
- You definitely need to know how to use custom fields.
- Get the latest version of WordPress to make use of tags.
- You need to understand how the WordPress system works, at least to some extent. This is not a theme for new bloggers, unless you are willing to put in the time to learn a little more about WordPress on your own.
- jQuery for the great library, which is used for the tabbed sidebar links and videos.
- Some of the icons used are from the silk icons set from famfamfam.com.
- If you use this theme, you must leave a link back to me on your site. A full copy of the legal code is in a file called “license.txt,” which is included with your download.
- jQuery is dual-licensed under the GPL and MIT licenses.
- The FamFamFam icons used are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
I’m not even sure where to start when it comes to this theme. I’m proud of it, but it’s been a frustrating two weeks tweaking little things here and there.
This theme really brings everything I’ve worked on in the last couple of months together. It’s a mixture of my current theme (also originally called “Visionary”), the ” title=”Newspaperize WordPress theme”> Newspaperize theme, and the