The Structure theme has a new home!
The Structure theme is now hosted on ThemeHybrid.com.
- Description: A theme for news/magazine sites with a blog-friendly option too. It includes built-in video and image features that easily allow you to customize your site. There are content blocks that you can place virtually anywhere on the page.
Like this theme?
- Vote for it on WP Themez.
- Make a donation with your PayPal account (this is completely optional and was added due to a few requests).
Structure in other languages:
Contact me if you’d be interested in helping out with translations into any language, correcting mistakes, or helping out.
I’ll add the old version 1.1.5 translations to the release archive in the next couple of days. Version 1.2 should be ready for localization. Let me know if you want to help out.
- A custom home page to look like a news or magazine site.
- There’s an optional normal blog layout for the home page.
- Set on a 300px, 3-grid layout that lets you move various content blocks around the page. Switch home.php and sidebar.php elements for a custom look.
- Sidebar tabbed and home page category posts navigation through the use of a custom jQuery script.
- Embed YouTube, Google Video, and Metacafe videos easily with Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict.
- Supports the Flickr RSS plugin.
- Related Posts plugin support.
- Also, plugin support for Popularity Contest by Alex King.
- WordPress 2.3 tag-ready, but backwards-compatible with previous versions of WordPress with a single modification.
- There are custom templates for each type of WordPress page, such as category.php, archive.php, and search.php.
- Ability to change sidebar for different pages of the site.
- Placeholders for ads. Good sizes for 125x125px ads.
Many different layout styles:
I need to update this to reflect version 1.2.
Need To Know:
- Know how to use optional excerpts to make a cleaner blog when using this theme.
- Learn how to upload images.
- You definitely need to know how to use custom fields (not necessary since 1.2).
- Get the latest version of WordPress to make use of tags.
- You need to understand how WordPress works, at least to some extent. This is not a theme for new WordPress bloggers, unless you are going to learn a little about the system on your own.
- jQuery for the great library, which is used for the tabbed sidebar links and videos.
- If you use this theme, you must leave a link back to me on your site. The full license is included with the download in a file named “license.txt.”