1. EarnBlogger
    EarnBlogger Published |

I will try. Actually, I was searching for something like this, that shows the comments in the admin panel. But I never thought that it could be done my modifying the commments.php file! Thanks a lot.

2. Using WordPress comments as a contact form | WordPressGarage.com
  3. Steve McQueen
    Steve McQueen Published |

Thank U!
    Byez

4. Justin Tadlock
    Justin Tadlock Published |

EarnBlogger
    It’s definitely worth checking out, especially if you’re one of those people that reads every comment like me. Even though I get a lot of comments here, I still read them all, so it’s a good solution for me.

Steve
    No problem. I hope this works out for you well.

5. mike
    mike Published |

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, although i still need to style the form, better then working with those out of box contact form plugins with a million invalid CSS elements

6. Owen
    Owen Published |

Hi Justin,

I’ve installed it and like the simple functionality, but is there a way to make it do something other than show the same page after the comment has been submitted?

I’m guessing not, so will probably do something like put a link back to the home page on the contact page, but it’s a bit inelegant.

Thanks for the idea though (and for the theme!)

7. Mastering Your WordPress Theme Hacks and Techniques
  8. Floroskop
    Floroskop Published |

Hello!
    I think this try.

9. paidnetpedia.com
    paidnetpedia.com at |
  10. SEO & Web Design » Blog Archive » Mastering Your WordPress Theme Hacks and Techniques
  11. 精通Wordpress系列教程- 1: 精通Wordpress主题Hacks与技巧 | 帕兰映像
  12. 精通Wordpress系列教程- 1: 精通Wordpress主题Hacks与技巧 - pi4.cn 屁事网
  13. Brenda
    Brenda Published |

What a simple, elegant solution to the problem of over-designed comment forms. Well done! This has the added bonus of decreasing the amount of blog related email as well, by confining incoming communication to the WP admin interface. That’s a huge plus for me.

I’m a little confused about implementation though. In Wordpress 2.7 there isn’t a comments.php file to replace. I’m seeing wp-comments-post.php. Are you saying I should rename your doc to this? Or is does wp-comments-post.php need to be amended in some way with code from your comments.php?

14. Brenda
    Brenda Published |

Ah. Should have read more closely before commenting. It’s the comments.php in your theme that needs changing. Got it. Thanks!

15. Buzzlair Voufincci
    Buzzlair Voufincci Published |

ive been looking for something like this for a long time. finally. thank you soo much.

but it seems not working in latest WP. i mean, 2.7.1. Or i did something wrong?

16. Steven Vachon
    Steven Vachon Published |

Ya know, I was just pondering this idea over lunch. Just came back and queried Google to find that, yup, someone else has thought of it too. Although, you beat me by a year :-)

17. Fannar
    Fannar Published |

I just had the same idea tonight about using the comment field as a contact form but started google-ing and found this page since I was trying to find a solution to a “problem” I have. The thing is that I would like to use the comment form as contact form but display a message when the message has been sent to give the user some kind of a confirmation that his message has been sent. Any ideas ?

18. Fannar
    Fannar Published |

I found a solution to my problem..

An Ajax plugin that displays a message after a comment has been sent.

19. Dennis
    Dennis Published |

Moderated comments work just as well; plus it makes it easy to post them publicly. But you did give me an idea that I hadn’t though of. Its really so simple.

20. Luke
    Luke Published |

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Simplicity prevails once again!!
    This is a great solution, the only little snag was the confirmation message, but that was solved with a bit of tinkering, thanks for a great solution :-)

21. Lingua
    Lingua Published |

This looks like a very useful post. I’ve got a free Wordpress account- I can’t afford a paid one right now- and I’ve been trying to add a contact form to my blog.

It seems plugins are only available for paid accounts and the free Contact forms I’ve tried out whose code can be copied and pasted either don’t work because the code isn’t html or some fields don’t show. For the time being I have one with http://www.123contactform.com which redirects my visitors to an external page.

I’d like for the form to be integrated to make the site look more professional.

This change you’re proposing would be ideal but I don’t know how to find the php code from my dashboard. What steps should I follow? Does this work for free accounts? I’m asking you this because if one isn’t paying Wordpress, the CSS code- for instance- can’t be altered.

22. 精通Wordpress教程 | ✪Qnmlglb✪