1. Carl Nelson
    Carl Nelson Published |

I liked your comment about widgets leaving the bounds of the ‘sidebar’. That’s why I suggested that you look into creating a “widgitized Tabs” plugin. Basically take what your Hybrid Tabs plugin does now, and make each tab a Widget area. Seems feasible to me, and it would be a hugely popular plugin, IMO.

2. Heißt die Zukunft von Wordpress Habari? | eliwagar
  3. donnacha | WordSkill
    donnacha | WordSkill Published |

If you do have plans for BuddyPress, now, with the 1.0 release due this month and a version for regular (non-MU) WordPress possibly following in April, would be the time to get working on those plans.

I suspect that BuddyPress is going have a big impact but it’s major weakness is that all the BP-based sites that pop up over the coming months will look pretty much the same. Nothing will do more to persuade or dissuade users to join a community, giving it precious momentum, than the initial impression it makes when they first lay eyes upon it.

4. Dean Saliba
    Dean Saliba Published |

I don’t like using widgets in the sidebar, I prefer manually putting stuff in the sidebar myself.

5. WordSkill
    WordSkill Published |

“I didn’t realize there might be a non-MU version coming out. That would be interesting.”

Yeah, it’s pretty big news. Andy hinted at the possibility just before Christmas when he appeared on Jeffro’s WordPress Weekly podcast but the official word didn’t come until yesterday. Quite a few of the WP-focused blogs covered it but here’s a link to the actual BuddyPress forum thread in which Andy announced it:

Removing the barrier of having to install MU will, I suspect, be the tipping point that puts a rocket under BuddyPress adoption.

6. Ptah Dunbar.com
    Ptah Dunbar.com at |
  7. keep informed
    keep informed Published |

thanks for the sharing bro… :)

Great…!

8. WordSkill
    WordSkill Published |

BuddyPress Lead Andy Peating has just release a “Skeleton Member Theme” for theme developers that you might find useful.

“Just as there is a skeleton component for plugin developers, there is now a skeleton member theme for theme developers.

The skeleton theme includes all the template files you need, along with some CSS outline documents that you can use to begin your styling.

I’ve tried to make all the template files as clean and spaced out as possible, so they are easy to follow. I’ve also included most of the generic style declarations you need to hit the ground running.

I hope it helps people work out how theming BuddyPress works. Good luck!”

9. WordPress Plugins News: Coffee2Code Plugin Marathon, Plugin Podcast, Plugin Developer Center, Plugin Checklist « Lorelle on WordPress
  10. Lorelle on WP: WordPress Plugins News: Coffee2Code Plugin Marathon, Plugin Podcast, Plugin Developer Center, Plugin Checklist | Aslifm Blogu
  11.   Theming links round-up by Free WordPress Themes Blog
  12. » WordPress Plugins News: Coffee2Code Plugin Marathon, Plugin Podcast, Plugin Developer Center, Plugin Checklist
  13. The future of WordPress themes › Binary Moon
  14. Alex Dropshipping Kei
    Alex Dropshipping Kei Published |

@wordskill: How good (or bad) is Buddypress?

Cheers!
    Alex Kei.

15. Miguel
    Miguel Published |

It would be reeeeaaally nice to have a theme with full .PSD files, im not so good at editing things on photoshop but having a full customizable pack of .PSD file would be really good.