1. Ade
    Ade Published |

I’ve been very interested in custom taxonomies, since your original articles about a year ago (referred to at the top of this article)

I’ve had some fun making a little database website, similar to your own ‘movie database’ demo, maybe one day that will see the light of day as a serious website… but for now my main interest in custom taxonomies is how can i apply them to my main website

I’d like to split up my original ‘tags cloud’ into specific topics rather than just a random collection of unrelated terms

However this is where Wordpress core falls down…. There seems to be no way to change the relationship of old tags that already exist in my mysql database, from the original tag cloud into the new custom taxonomies

I tried asking for help over on WP support forums, but no-one has any solution

It seems this is going to need to solved by a plugin before these custom taxonomies become of any use to WP users with older already established websites

Still, this is great news for people starting brand new websites from scratch

2. Glen Pridgen
    Glen Pridgen Published |

Thanks for the update….I have been hoping for this. I used your movie database tutorial on several client projects and will do the same with this one as well. Theme Hybrid+Custom Tax=Client Love!

3. Eric Rasch
    Eric Rasch Published |

This should go straight into the Codex! Just like Ade, I’ve been interested in taxonomies/custom post types/content types for quite some time now. This post update couldn’t have come at a better time as I was just working on a new website yesterday and creating custom post types for it.

I installed a couple of plugins (Custom Post Type UI, CMS Press, etc.) to begin creating the new post types. Since this was the first chance I’ve had to use WP3.0 & post types, I went with the plugins vs. coding by hand (which with you post, I feel more confident about).

I see the benefits of coding by hand, since you’ll have total control over the content types. What I seem to be missing is where I can use and benefit from using the content types within the WP3.0 admin area.

For example, I started using the new WP menu system, and while it’s awesome to be able to select from Pages + Categories, it didn’t seem to recognize that I have taxonomies & content types of my own. Did they skip this type of connection or am I just not seeing how to link them? At that point, it seems like I would be better off just using Categories since the rest of the system recognizes them.

1. Eric Rasch
      Eric Rasch Published |

So, after testing the custom post type plugins I mentioned vs. hand-coding like Justin details, the hand-coded method *does* allow custom post types & taxonomies to appear in the new WP3.0 built-in menu system.

4. Brian McDaniel
    Brian McDaniel Published |

Thanks for this, Justin. Couldn’t be more timely, as I just was Googling for info on this and came to your original article but needed more info. Perfect!

I have a question for you: how would I call custom taxonomies from a nav menu? In other words, if I had Category A (or Custom Taxonomy A) and a sub-menu item of Custom Taxonomy X, how would I call them in a nav menu so that I could either go to posts in Cat A, or a listing of posts that are ONLY in BOTH Cat A and Tax X. Make sense?

The nav menu would look like this:

Category A (links to all posts in Cat A)
    – Custom Taxonomy X (links to all posts in Cat A with Tax X assigned)

Thanks in advance for your guidance and much appreciate your hard work in putting these detailed explanations together!

5. Andrew Nacin
    Andrew Nacin Published |
  6. Wordpress 3.0 Custom Taxonomy
    Wordpress 3.0 Custom Taxonomy at |
  7. The WordPress 3.0 edition: Friday Find
  8. Thomas Clausen
    Thomas Clausen Published |

The problem I see now is that there’s one more question that needs answering — how to merge taxonomies and post types. I’ve touched on this a bit in this post, but you can expect a real-world example from me in the near future.

This must be a fantastic event plugin from your hand :-) I think a event-plugin would be fantastic in combining the two.

For instance for music-events we would have:
    Concert/Band: Custom post type
    Musician: Custom taxonomy
    Venue: Custom taxonomy
    Price range: Custom taxonomy
    Genre: Custom taxonomy
    Where to buy tickets: Custom taxonomy

For a theater event we would have:
    Play: Custom post type
    Actors: Custom taxonomy
    Director: Custom taxonomy
    Theater/place: Custom taxonomy (but probably another one)

This would also combine great with your members plugin. And then we would just need a great search plugin to utilize the power of this segmentation :-)

All we would miss from this kind of event plugin would be time and Google maps integration. But that could be handled with custom fields for the first and another plugin for the later :-)

9. Best On WordPress From The Past Week N.10 » wpCanyon
  10. Andrew
    Andrew Published |

This is a very timely article indeed! A new era is indeed coming for taxonomies.

11. Angelia
    Angelia Published |

Since you’re doing this refresher, I thought it might be a good place to ask if you have any insight on displaying a list of hierarchical taxonomy terms related to a specific post on the single post template? I’ve been going nuts with this.

We can use the wp_list_categories function to list terms of a taxonomy in a nice hierarchical fashion with links … but, their is no way to pass it a post-id in order to only retrieve the terms of the current post.

We can use the get_terms_list function in order to pass a post-id, but, then we have no way to maintain the hierarchy and have to manually code it.

I’m sure as many others begin to take full advantage of these new capabilities, this will become a major hurdle, as it is for me at the moment, so, hoping someone can give some insight?

It would be great to see a wp_list_terms function that would take a post-id filter, list hierarchically or not, link to term archive etc. in the future.

12. Angelia
    Angelia Published |

Anyone who finds themselves in the same head banging dilemma I was in of how to actually show the hierarchical structure of your custom hierarchical taxonomy terms as they relate to a single post, Scribu has come to the rescue with a great explanation of how to accomplish this. Check it out here: http://scribu.net/wordpress/extending-the-category-walker.html#comment-3776

13. Adam
    Adam Published |

That was a great article on custom taxonomies. I have been using them for a while and I love the. If people aren’t using them they need to be because they work.

14. The Wham
    The Wham Published |

I am amazed you got the refresher. Your information blows the codex away. In a way, it does show how much of a blog CMS Wordpress is and how much publishing and meta-development has yet to converge. Most people who needs these particular taxonomies will learn how to use php to their advantage and find better solutions with making their own plugins, or will defer to developers who will not use Wordpress.

But, there is a good crowd of people who like the convenience of the system and the backend. Giving your tutorial has given hope to those who want to make Wordpress better. I hope an API page is made soon. I might take a run at after I get use to all the functions it has to offer.

15. Troy
    Troy Published |

Hey Justin,

Then in order to display my taxonomy list I use:

printf( __( 'Posts classified under: %s', 'twentyten' ), '' . $term_name . '' );

For the life of me I cant seem to get this to work. The output is always blank after “Posts classified under:”. I feel like i must be doing something wrong with get_term_by.

This has been evading me all day, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troy

1. Jonathan Wold
      Jonathan Wold Published |

Replace: $term_name

With: $term->name

16. Troy
    Troy Published |

Hey Justin,

Sorry I forgot to add part of my original comment, this one is hopefully complete.

Thanks for all of the great posts. I’ve been reading through them all day. I have one thing that I can’t seem to get working an was hoping you might be able to help me with. When I create a taxonomy.php page I copied the content from categories.php and then added the following under get_header.

$term = get_term_by( 'slug', get_query_var( 'term' ), get_query_var( 'taxonomy' ) );

Then in order to display my taxonomy list I use:

printf( __( ‘Posts classified under: %s’, ‘twentyten’ ), ” . $term_name . ” );

This has been evading me all day, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troy

1. Ryan
      Ryan Published |

I had the same issue as you and used the following to finally get it to work.

name; ?>
  17. Kadir
    Kadir Published |

Great article. But I don’t know why I couldn’t do it. I make a mistake somwhere.

18. christopher
    christopher Published |

You sir, are a life saver.

I’m not looking forward to reworking all of my code to take advantage of WP 3.0 taxonomies, especially hierarchies, but it’s going to be worth it when it’s all done.

19. Mans
    Mans Published |

I have problem with permalink rewrite,

look at this page (http://weblifes.com/category/taxonom/),
    here I tried Taxonomy all work fine.

The structure of permalink is ok, but all the post direct the latest post(single post) of “custom_post_type”.

the url structure is different but all page is refer to most recent post.

sorry for my english.

20. Jinsona
    Jinsona Published |

On a theme I am working on I have created a custom taxonomy called ‘genre’. I have terms like scifi, Comedy, Drama , action etc, under this ‘genre’ taxonomy.

I am trying to make a custom taxonomy selection option in my theme option page so that I can query post with any specific term in that custom taxonomy. I have been trying to get this done using the get_terms function.

The code I am using for it is this,

$zm_terms_obj = get_terms(‘genre’) ;//genre is the name of my custom taxonomy
    $zm_terms = array();
    foreach ($zm_terms_obj as $zm_term) {
    $zm_terms[$zm_term->term_id]=$zm_term->name;
    }
    $terms_tmp = array_unshift( $zm_terms, “Select a genre:”);

and for select option

array( “name” => “Movie Genre”,
    “desc” => “”,
    “id” => $shortname.”_mgenre”,
    “std” => “Select a genre:”,
    “type” => “select”,
    “options” => $zm_terms),

Now when I go to the theme option page and try to select a genre it is supposed to list options like scifi, comedy, drama, action. But I find the select field blank. No terms are listed. Has anyone else tried this? any suggestion?

21. John Cole
    John Cole Published |

Thanks for the great articles.

I’m trying to solve what I would think would be a pretty common issue for artists/bands who are using WP and need to display an extensive discography on their site.

The new custom content types and taxonomies features in 3.0 seem like they will go along ways towards doing this. I’ve made some progress setting up a possible solution, but I keep having the feeling I’m re-inventing the wheel here and that someone else must have already done this.

I’ve seen the old ‘Discography’ plugin, but it isn’t quite there in my opinion. Is there anyone else out there working on something similar?

22. Using a custom taxonomy to display related posts
  23. angga
    angga Published |

how to display all post with custom taxonomy,
    i’ve ‘music’ taxonomy, music has 2 sub/cat, ‘rock’ and ‘jazz’..etc
    for now i can display with ‘rock’ and ‘jazz’, etc (all sub/cat of this music taxonomy)

but i dont know how to display all post with this ‘music’ taxonomy.

anyone know about this?

1. Giovanni
      Giovanni Published |

Why would you want to do that? Do you query posts who all have ‘tags’?

2. Giovanni
      Giovanni Published |

I think it’s best to make a post-type music.

3. Christopher
      Christopher Published |

I’m trying to figure out the same thing but with bars and restaurants. In my case, I have a food and drink category that lists all bars and restaurants and I’m using taxonomies break those down into specifics.

Similar to what you are facing, I have a ‘cuisine’ taxonomy for different food styles (American/Chinese etc…) and it’s not a problem to get a list of all Chinese or American restaurants but I’m stuck figuring out how to get a list of everything that falls under ‘cuisine’ taxonomy.

I can solve this using additional categories but it’s not an ideal solution.

24. Jacob
    Jacob Published |

Thanks for this!

Is it possible to redirect taxonomies? I have dynamic php pages that I use for each game on my football site and would like to create taxonomies that will link directly to that game’s page instead of an archive page. Is there something built into wordpress that can pull this off?

25. Kevin
    Kevin Published |

wow, great info here on taxonomies, im going to try them out on our company recently upgraded wordpress 3.0 blog and will let you know of our finding. thanks.

26. ferar
    ferar Published |

For me as a novice blogger, your article was very interesting, optimization tool, the well itself shows.

27. greven
    greven Published |

Thanks for the article Justin. I’ve been using taxonomies since my last project, a Portuguese website dedicated to Online Gaming and MMOs. I use Taxonomies to classify posts as Guides, Articles, News, Videos. I use Categories for the Games, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, etc. I use Tags as tags are used, for specific subjects.

Taxonomies are great, they allow me to organize my website better.

But there is something I’m having trouble with since 2.9 and I don’t think it’s fixed on 3.0. It’s the is_tax() function. I wanted to use it so if the current page is a taxonomie, similar to is_category() so I would put that specific Title on that page.

The problem is that I think that function is returning false when it should return true.

For example, if you go to this page: http://massivo.net/type/artigo/ That is a taxonomy Artigo of Post Type (slug: type). I used this on the archive page:

Artigos

But it doesn’t return true so I don’t have a title for that page. Anyway know a way around this?

28. greven
    greven Published |

I don’t think the code rendered well… Sorry for that.

(...) elseif( is_tax('artigo') ) {Artigos

29. Kevinjohn Gallagher
    Kevinjohn Gallagher Published |

Is there any way of setting “default” selected custom taxonomies?
    Is there any way of doing this programatically based on data passed through?

In the most abstract of examples:

I have a custom taxonomy (SLEEPY) with options called DAY and NIGHT.

Is there a way of setting a function call on the loading of the meta box so that I can dynamically set these as default as needed?

Thanks

30. Rick Adlam
    Rick Adlam Published |

Great article on the ‘hard to get my head around’ topic of taxonomies in general and WordPress Taxonomies.
    I am still not clear on content and taxonomy classification.
    With a mortgage site example where you have:
    Funders of Mortgages:
    E.g. Banks, securitised lenders and private funders as sources of mortgage finance,
    Mortgage Distribution models.
    Banks [with up to 8 different channels for distribution of mortgage products, e.g, bank branches, online direct, mobile direct, franchised partners, financial planners, and mortgage brokers ]

Securitised lenders: [Some of which are bank owned]
    Direct, Wholesale, introducers, mortgage managers, mortgage brokers or variations or omissions on these channels. e.g. Some only direct, some only through mortgage brokers, some only through mortgage managers.
    Mortgage loan types split several ways e.g.:
    Revolving credit lines,
    Interest only
    Variable Principal and interest
    Mixtures of these
    Loan Pricing models
    Basic discount
    Introductory discounts [ e.g. special rate for 3, 6 or 12 months, or fixed rate for 3 years then reverts to variable rate]
    professional packages and bundled packages
    Loan size discounts e.g [over $300,000 get a better rate for life]

Which are the taxonomy and which are the content in these areas ?

31. Justin B
    Justin B Published |

I can’t wait to upgrade my blog site to 3.0… there are just way too many things I can’t do with 2.0, and a lot of things just take way too long!

32. Adrienne Adams
    Adrienne Adams Published |

I was having a bear of a problem with empty taxonomies breaking the page.
    I looked around a bit and realized I had to add a check to see if the taxonomy exists:

ID,  'register', 'Registered: ',  ' ' , ''); ?>

Unfortunately the documentation on custom taxonomies mostly fail to address this problem.

1. Adrienne Adams
      Adrienne Adams Published |

Oh crap. Why can’t we post code here? Here’s the link to my snippet:

33. Jauhari
    Jauhari Published |

With Taxonomies we can create unlimited possibilities with WordPress

34. Egyptological
    Egyptological Published |

Your earlier posts worked perfectly for creating custom taxonomies in WP2.9 and I agree witht he comment that this article should go into the codex.
    Kate

35. William Chen
    William Chen Published |

I’m hooked on Wordpress :3 <33

36. Brad
    Brad Published |

Thanks for the articles!

I’ve been using your articles and a few others to help me piece together some fairly good functionality for a website I’m working on. BUT I’ve run into a problem.

I’m using the taxonomies as hierarchical and I’ve made this work with the wordpress menu. I’ll have several layers of menu options, but when I click on a parent which has no items in it I get nothing found, but would like to show the children’s posts. If this makes any sense… :P

Example: website.com/catalog/nascar <– shows nothing found
    website.com/catalog/nascar/dale <— shows all the dale items.

Example: I would like website.com/catalog/nascar to show all children items.

Children Examples: website.com/catalog/nascar/team-caliber/
    website.com/catalog/nascar/dale

Thank you any help would be appreciated.

-Brad

37. Wok
    Wok Published |

When you add custom taxonmies for custom posttypes, and then display taxonomy information using filters and actions on the ‘manage_posts_custom_column’ ‘manage_edit-portfolio_columns’ hooks on the admin/edit.php pages they are not searchable.

Only select dropboxes only let you sort/filter by month.

Any ideas how to get this going? Kind of sad to have the power of taxonomies, but with out the ability to sort through them, when you have 100 attached posts, and your listings for each taxonomy grows it become a big management problem. Just putting it out there for disscussion…

38. Rick
    Rick Published |

Justin,

First of all, thanks for your articles, they’re very enlightening.

Is it possible to assign custom taxonomies to user profiles like you do with posts, pages or custom post types? The goal is to show filtered members’ lists according to the tags/categories they choose to be listed in.

So far I couldn’t find a way to do this :(

39. Jimmy@Taiwan
    Jimmy@Taiwan Published |

Hi all,
    I’ve a question, I’ve create a custom type and add a custom taxonomy, in the admin i would like to filter the custom post by taxonomy (with a select box), it works like that for regular post, I didn’t find hot to do it for a custom post type.

40. WordPress 3.0 – The Ultimate Roundup For Developers & Users | KreativeThemes.com
  41. Rob Felty
    Rob Felty Published |

Thanks for a great post Justin. I would like to know where the labels and other options of the register_taxonomy function get stored in the database. Does anyone know?

42. Chief Alchemist
    Chief Alchemist Published |

This is one half hey, “check this out” and one half a cry for help :)

The short of it is, in terms of build in functions, taxonomies don’t seem to be very well supported, yet. So it looked like a custom function was in order. I needed to take all the taxonomy terms for a post, mash them together, sort them (alpha on the taxonomy->name) and spit them out again.

Yes, I know that it kinda defeats the purpose of taxonomies but there is ultimately a method to this madness so please just play along :)

Finally, I don’t process to be a PHP coder. I get by. So please feel free to add your two or three cents. Ultimately, I’d like to add the taxonomy-> description as well. But one step at a time, eh?

Thanks in advance. Here goes nuttin’…

function funct_PostAllTaxSorted($parm_PostID, $separator)
    {
    global $wp_taxonomies;
    $str_PostTaxList = '';
    	// get all the taxonomies
         foreach ($wp_taxonomies as $taxonomy)
            {
    			// except those listed on this array
    	      	if ( in_array($taxonomy->name, array('category', 'link_category') ) == false )
              	{
                 	$str_PostTaxList .=get_the_term_list($parm_PostID,  $taxonomy->name,'','|','|');
    	      	}
    	   }
    	   if (isset($str_PostTaxList))
    	   {
    		   // trim off any blanks as well as the extra | at the end of the string. for somme odd reason rtrim didn't want to strip off the extra |
    			trim('$str_PostTaxList');
    			$str_PostTaxList = substr($str_PostTaxList,0,(strlen($str_PostTaxList)-1));
    			// convert the string into an array
    	       	$arr_PostTaxList = explode('|',$str_PostTaxList);
    		   	$str_StripTags = '';
    		   	$arr_ListByTaxKey = array();
    			// build a new array using (what is ultimately) the taxonomy->name as the array key
    		   	foreach ($arr_PostTaxList as $str_PostTaxSingle)
    		   	{
    				$str_StripTags = strip_tags($str_PostTaxSingle);
    				$arr_ListByTaxKey[$str_StripTags] = $str_PostTaxSingle;
    			}
    			// sort the new array on the key
               ksort($arr_ListByTaxKey);
    		   $str_PostTaxListSorted = '';
    		   // take the sorted array and convert it back into a string of HTMK
    		   foreach ($arr_ListByTaxKey as $str_TaxKeySingle)
    		   {
    			   $str_PostTaxListSorted = $str_PostTaxListSorted.$str_TaxKeySingle.$separator;
    		   }
    		   // remove the extra separator that was appended to the end
    		   $str_PostTaxListSorted = substr($str_PostTaxListSorted,0,(strlen($str_PostTaxListSorted)-strlen($separator)));

}
    return $str_PostTaxListSorted;
    }

btw, for some reason I couldn’t get rtrim to work so that’s why I ended up using substr. Weird, right?

43. Editing a book | Andrew Nacin
    Editing a book | Andrew Nacin at |
  44. nomadone
    nomadone Published |

Thanks again Justin for your Insightful expose for the topic at hand.

It does seem though that there are some classic problems in getting certain content to display. While it’s easy enough to insert a plugin with a widget to display lists of a specific taxonomy’s terms, or to show the taxonomy of a specific post underneath it’s content similar to categories, it seems like everybody is struggling to get taxonomy archives working.

I can’t understand why it would be so difficult to allow clicking on a taxonomy term and getting a list of all posts from that terms. I’m sure there must be a way short of creating a custom template for each of the 100 terms you might want to list posts for but for the Life of me can’t find it.

I’ve been using the News theme from devpress and finding it impossible to get posts listed based on taxonomy terms.

I’m even struggling to get it running on the Twenty Ten theme.

45. Phil
    Phil Published |

Hi there,

I understand the following to allow me to create taxonomies and assign multiple post types to them:

register_taxonomy( $taxonomy, array( ‘post’, ‘how-to’, ‘reviews’ ), $arguments )

I need to achieve the same thing with the existing taxonomy “category”. When registering the taxonomy with my custom post type, I am able to choose a certain category (e.g. Apple) when writing a “review” about “iPods” in the admin menu.

The problem is that when choosing the same category for another post type, “how-to”, Wordpress creates a parallel category with the same name instead of assigning both post types to the same category:

For example:

The first post would be in:

and the second in:

Both are named “Apple” but that’s obviously not what I want. I would like browse the Apple category and see all different post types that were assigned to it listed there.

Anybody any clue how I can do that?

Thanks a ton

46. Leo Plaw
    Leo Plaw Published |

I would also like to know the answer to Phil’s question.
    I would like my custom post type to use the existing taxonomy categories assigned to posts. How do I do it?

47. Leo Plaw
    Leo Plaw Published |

Found the answer. Sometimes it just takes a while to think of the right search terms. This needs to be added to the arguments passed to register_post_type()

taxonomies' => array( 'category','post_tag')

Like this.

$args = array(
    		'labels' => $labels,
    		'singular_label' => __('Video'),
    		'public' => true,

// ... all of the others...

'taxonomies' => array( 'category','post_tag') // add standard post categories and post tags

);

register_post_type( 'videos' , $args );
        }
  48. marion
    marion Published |

Is it possible to rearrange the tags in a custom taxonomy from low to high values? For example, under my Price Range taxonomy, I use these $29.99 & Below, $30.00 – $49.99, etc..

I want the tags in my price range dropdown to be in correct order. Right now, $300 – $350 is on the top instead of $29.99 & Below.

I have been trying but its not working. I even installed the Term Menu Order plugin but the tags are still not following.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

49. Hayden Hancock
    Hayden Hancock Published |

I was wondering about creating a drop-down list of my custom taxonomy in the admin view.

For example, I have a set of speakers. I want the speakers that are in the custom taxonomy to be listed in a drop-down list instead of the unordered list with check boxes. I have seen some documentation on it but it doesn’t seem that straight forward. Can you elaborate on this subject? Thanks!

BTW, I graduated from Auburn University too!

50. Gica78R
    Gica78R Published |

Hello! This post convinced me to buy your book :-)
    Just a question: I’ve added a custom post type named ‘ltn_reviews’, then I added custom taxonomy for this custom type only (author, genre, year, publisher, etc) and allowed ‘subscribers’ users to edit posts belonging to this custom type. But, out of the box, subscribers aren’t allowed to assign terms to the custom taxonomies. The only way I found is to add the ‘edit_posts’ capability to subscribers, but doing that allows subscribers to edit regular posts too, other than my ‘ltn_reviews’ custom post type. Is there a way to enable subscribers to assign terms to selected custom taxonomies only?

Gica

51. Dasha
    Dasha Published |

Hello,

Is it possible to order custom taxonomy terms in the admin area as a custom order?
    I have found these lines

'sort' => true,
    'args' => array('orderby' => 'term_order')

in the code when registering a custom taxonomy . However, it’s not really explained how it works and how it affects a custom taxonomy. Does anyone know?

Is there a good plugin that would re-order custom taxonomy terms?

Dasha

52. Jason Paul
    Jason Paul Published |

I’m having a helluva time getting taxonomy terms to show in the front-end on an Multisite install with the newest version of WordPress 3.1.3. I had it working before a week ago and now the terms just won’t list. Any advice on registering taxonomies on Multisite? Thanks!
    Jason

53. WordPress: Taxonomies Pt 2 - PHP Plug-in get_the_term_list | Chief Alchemist
  54. Custom user taxonomies in WordPress
    Custom user taxonomies in WordPress at |
  55. Stephen Harris
    Stephen Harris Published |

Thank you for this tutorial! I’ve found it very helpful and it’s (almost) helped me solve my problem.

Do you know of a way to update the capabilities argument of the default ‘categories’ taxonomy? In particular, I would like to change the ‘assign_terms’ to something other than ‘edit_posts’ (which is what WordPress sets it to).

56. Matth
    Matth Published |

Adrienne, thanks for your code above. I hadn’t found mention of taxonomy exists in the codex. Much appreciated; got me over a hurdle.

57. How To Create Custom Taxonomies In WordPress | Creative Web Design Agency
  58. How To Create Custom Taxonomies In WordPress | Smashing WordPress
  59. Convert a category to a custom taxonomy in Wordpress
  60. Denis
    Denis Published |

Hi there,

great tutorial. But one thing I like to know.

'capabilities' => array(
    ...
    	'assign_terms' => 'assign_divisions'

How can I make this, for everyone exept “contributers”?

Cheers,
    Denis

61. How to do damn near anything with WordPress – Stephanie Leary
  62. How To Create Custom Taxonomies In WordPress - Goodfav Howto
  63. George Becker
    George Becker Published |

I tried to understanding something because is interesting but I can’t and maybe I’m too stupid for this kind of thinks.

I don’t know nothing about php,css and more.Maybe in the future.

Anyway Great post and great website,I like very much the theme you used.

64. How To Create Custom Taxonomies In WordPress | Smashing WordPress